The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter XXVI-XXX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapter XXVI-XXX Empty
PostSubject: Chapter XXVI-XXX   Chapter XXVI-XXX Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 2:37 am

For Don Quixote Chapters XXVI-XXX.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Chapter XXVI-XXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter XXVI-XXX   Chapter XXVI-XXX Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2006 2:35 am

Ok, so DQ is into penence. When I started reading this, I thought that he might get his act together. NOT. Oh well, it will be interesting if he ever gets connected with Dulcinea.

I do think its humorous (sp) that the priest and barber want to play tricks on him. I have to admit, when Cardenio's story starts out I realize that the "chiverlry is never dead." One more parallel where love will probably conquer. I quess this is Cervantes way of portraying that point and making another character human.

I think it's great that Sancho is using illusions and trickery to get DQ back. Is Sancho completely sane. NO.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapter XXVI-XXX Empty
PostSubject: DQ   Chapter XXVI-XXX Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 pm

I thought that it was interesting to see how Dorthea, Don Ferdinando, Cardenio and Lucinda's stories all intertwined. I agree with you Marti, that it illustrates the chivilary.

I think it is sad that so many people are willing to take advantage of the "crazy" DQ. Especially Dorthea, who sees how willing he is to help her, and she is pulling the wool over his eyes.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com

Chapter XXVI-XXX
Page 1 of 1