The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Empty
PostSubject: Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:27 pm

To be read by Sunday, November 26.

I thought that the Preface was a difficult read, and was feeling a bit worried, but once I got started into the chapters, I found it quite a bit easier, and pretty enjoyable.

I found it interesting to see how Cervantes almost makes himself a character in the way that he wrote the preface. I felt like he almost 'knew' Don Quixote, and was having a difficult time putting the man in words.

I'm not quite sure what the plan in discussion is quite yet...but I'm trying to get us started.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: quixote   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:36 pm

I am planning to review the outtline in a well educated mind and begin my journal, properly
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: quixote notes   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:18 pm

i have posted brief notes about chapter 1-5 and following your suggestion I am tring to note important or possible import characters, although i did read there are oover 660 characters in this novel! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

PostSubject: Character Notes   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:38 pm

I also journaled a brief summary of each chapter, trying to highlight possible important characters. The only characters I noted in the Preface- IV, were Don Quixote, Rozinante, Dulcinea del Toboso, and possibly Andrew the beaten slave, that was released.

I also noted the significance of the inn keeper and prostitutes, especially after reading the symbols pointed out in Sparknotes.com.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:08 am

The schedule looks good. Tim is going to join so here we go. The preface and the Spark Notes told us that Cervantes had many things in common with Don.

Tim told me that he remembers that Book I was done and then someone else tried to write a sequel to Cervantes book. Cervantes got wind of this and that prompted him to write Book II ten years later. After Book II was done he died a year later.

Interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV   Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don Quixote Preface- Chapter IV
Page 1 of 1