The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapters XXX-XXXV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapters XXX-XXXV Empty
PostSubject: Chapters XXX-XXXV   Chapters XXX-XXXV Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 2:37 am

For Don Quixote Chapters XXX-XXXV
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Chapters XXX-XXXV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters XXX-XXXV   Chapters XXX-XXXV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2006 2:50 am

I read the analysis of this group of chapters and they brought up a good point. DQ is alienating himself from being part of other peoples happiness and love. I am having a hard time understanding some of this. The analysis states that DQ is starting to understand his madness and not admit to Dorothea that he did fight the giant. Maybe split personalities. Sometimes he's a little insane and sometimes it's not even believeable. More so unbelievable.

The other part of this book is bugging me. I start thinking the crowd at the inn is going to burn all the chivalry books and instead it goes on to a useless (in my opinion) droaning on of another chivalry story. Don't we have enough on our plates with DQ. No Cervantes throws another side story in to support love and chivalry. OK there were no TV's when it was written. Maybe it's to keep people amused. Now a days I don't think this type of writing would fly.

So glad the manuscript story is done!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Chapters XXX-XXXV Empty
PostSubject: "THE MANUSCRIPT"   Chapters XXX-XXXV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2006 1:06 am

I finally finished, THE manuscript portion of the book. I believe that Cervantes is using this story to emphasize chivalry and honesty. But I also believe he uses this story to show how it is possible for readers to become entangled in the stories and believe that they could be true. Which I think was emphasized by the inn keeper noting that he didn't believe it was true, since a husband couldn't be so stupid. Which is parodied by the fact the he himself allowed DQ back into the inn, that SP has left his wife, and all of the other characters have similar plights in their personal relationships.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Chapters XXX-XXXV Empty
PostSubject: Where is DQ   Chapters XXX-XXXV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2006 2:13 am

I felt like DQ really hasn't played much of a role lately, do you think there is some advanced literary reason for this?
Back to top Go down

Chapters XXX-XXXV
Page 1 of 1