The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV Empty
PostSubject: Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV   Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 pm

This thread is for the discussion of Chapters XX-XXV, based on the outline in Spark Notes.

(Remember with this particular book we all have very different versions, so double check where your book is with the Spark Notes lay out so we are all discussing the same topics)
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV   Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2006 2:47 pm

I enjoyed these 5 chapters more. To have Cervantes enlighten Sancho that the princess Dulcinea is only a peasant is uplifting. There is a little bit of romantic sensitivity brought out in the old coot DQ. Inspiration of a loved one can make any woman a "princess." How Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Princess   Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 4:36 am

I agree, I liked the last five chapters better too. It seems like the adventures are a bit more like 'adventures' instead of just attacking everyone.

I like that DQ has times of being afraid or jealous. I also like that he mentions to Sancho that many of every knight-errant's activities are folies, and that their loves are 'made in to' princesses. It makes me feel a bit more attached to the character to have him have more 'real' traits.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV   Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don Quixote Chapters XX-XXV
Page 1 of 1