The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapters 40-43

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapters 40-43 Empty
PostSubject: Chapters 40-43   Chapters 40-43 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:12 am

This forum is for the discussion of Huckleberry Finn, Chapters 40-43.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

Chapters 40-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 40-43   Chapters 40-43 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 7:32 am

Chapters 40-43:

In the end we find out that Tom has known the entire time that Jim was a free man. He all of a sudden seems less of a selfish little boy playing a game, and more of a thoughtless human seeing what he can get away with. All of the other threads of the story are tied up, and it almost seems as if there should be another book.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

Chapters 40-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 40-43   Chapters 40-43 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 pm

After the first two thirds of the book, it really veered in a confusing andunlikelable direction. I didn't like the ending and don't care at all for Tom. In my mind I will allow that Huck and Tom part company and Huck grows to be a man with compassion for all men. I don't tom ever would, and he could continue to be a bad influence on Huck if they stay in contact.
I didn't make the leap to the dead man in the house being Hucks dad until I talked to Brienne. I was glad to know it while I am reading Finn!
I had to read the final analisys to understand what Twain was possibly trying to convey with the last several chapters. I just wasn't getting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapters 40-43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 40-43   Chapters 40-43 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapters 40-43
Page 1 of 1