The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapters 23-25

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapters 23-25 Empty
PostSubject: Chapters 23-25   Chapters 23-25 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:10 am

This forum is for the discussion of Huckleberry Finn, Chapters 23-25.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

Chapters 23-25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 23-25   Chapters 23-25 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 4:27 am

Chapters 23-25:

In this section we see Huck make two major realizations. The first is that he notices how Jim loves his family as much as a white man, and he continues to see Jim as more than just a slave, as well as shine light on the ideas of slavery in general. Secondly, we see his repulsion at the continued scams of the 'king and duke'. Huck's sense of right and wrong has grown significantly as they travel down the river.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Chapters 23-25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 23-25   Chapters 23-25 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:48 am

Very good points Kelley. You are getting good at picking out the characters evolutation and growth. I agree with you. I do think the nieces were pretty stupid giving the money to the con artists.

Huck is becoming a strong character.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

Chapters 23-25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 23-25   Chapters 23-25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Twain continues to paint the townspeople as deserving of their fate when interacting with the two 'royals'. Huck is becoming uncomfortable with the depths the two will go to scam folks. He and Jim had a much simpler way of living before these two came into the picture and took only what they needed, mostly trying to salvage sruff that came down the river.
I am looking forward to the two royals moving out or our story.
I don't know why, but it caught me off gaurd to think Jim would beat his daughter. I guess I figured being a slave and being ill used himself and watching his daughter be ill used, most likely that he wuld not have added more to her miseru
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapters 23-25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapters 23-25   Chapters 23-25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapters 23-25
Page 1 of 1