The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epilogue and Final Thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Epilogue and Final Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 4:05 pm

This forum is for the discussion of the epilogue and any final thoughts on Crime and Punishment.

For more discussions, see the forums with specific topics.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:05 am

I was really disappointed in this story. I felt that with a name of CRIME & PUNISHMENT it wouldn't be so obvious that the punishment is the guilt. I wonder what a modern day author would do with this plot.

I'm sure that there are a lot of books out with this plot, but we are suppose to be reading the best of the best.

Madame Bovary was the same way. Read the back of the book and realize that there is dismay throughout the whole book and there is nothing else to it.

Maybe Anna will be different? Who knows? Am I getting burnt out with classics? I don't really think so because I am reading other things in between.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

PostSubject: Re: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 2:25 am

I thought that there would be a bit more to this story too, but then I think maybe I am not 'getting' all of the intracasies. When I read SparkNotes I often think "What? I didn't see that at all..." Question I think that Anna will be similar in style to this one. But we can do it!!!
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 7:12 pm

HEY! I'M a duck!
this book got right to the point. the murder was onceived then perpetrated and the reasons and the why's were right out there for us. I am used to having to figure out who dun it and why it was done in todays novels. this was more about the human psyche and maybe that was unique in the day this was written.
I have been behind on the las three books. i don't think I can keep the pace you guys are making!
I like being a duck though I did think the pig was cute, brienne.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 2:50 am

We are going to go slower Karen. I told Brienne that I couldn't believe that she made her mother a piglet. I did think it was cute though. You are a cute duck.

Trust me, Karen we are going to go slower. Kelley may have a new job and probably won't be able to read at work anymore. So..... I will just have to go slower or supplement some other reading.

Personally, I think she got the job. She will know in 3.5 hours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epilogue and Final Thoughts   Epilogue and Final Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epilogue and Final Thoughts
Page 1 of 1