The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Fields of Heaven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

The Fields of Heaven Empty
PostSubject: The Fields of Heaven   The Fields of Heaven Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:37 am

Interestingly, until the end of this chapter, I have never doubted Francis' innocence. I woneder if I am being bamboozeled with the rest of the group. I also am starting to wonder at Mrs. Ross' s motives for her travels. On the surface she is trying to redeem her son, but I think there is something else there, the challenge, the freedom, the openness of the wilderness...

At this point there are so many open ended questions and secrets I can barely stand it.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: The Fields of Heaven   The Fields of Heaven Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 5:52 pm

she had some mental instability although it was never completely detailed, but it made me think that she might hanker for being out of doors and out of the oppressiveness of her relationship with her spouse who seemed to dislike Francis.
I could see Francis being gay early on, did you?
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: The Fields of Heaven   The Fields of Heaven Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 5:56 pm

Tne author cuaght me off guard by having Mrs. Ross lose te bone. It suddenly didn't seem very important and I guess that was ok with me. i wanted her and the prisoner/guide to stay together. he seemed more fitting for her wild side than her husband.
The authr did give us a glimpse, though that the husband might actually care for his wife and adopted son 'his face melted' when the norwegian woman said she had seen both of them alive.
The book did leave loose ends, including the norwegian woman and her kids and also poor mrs sturrock never getting his bone.
I hope maria gets the letters.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

PostSubject: Re: The Fields of Heaven   The Fields of Heaven Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:39 am

I was surprised by Francis being Gay. I didn't see that coming very early, I thought he might have had a relationship with one of the daughters. I also wanted Mrs. ross to stay with her guide, they did seem good for each other.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fields of Heaven   The Fields of Heaven Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fields of Heaven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Well Educated Mind Reading Group :: Reader's Choice :: The Tenderness of Wolves-
Jump to: