The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unrelated to the Chapters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Unrelated to the Chapters Empty
PostSubject: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 10:30 pm

This forum is for discussion unrelated to the chapters.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Should we start this one Monday, May 14?? It sounds like Karen is flying through The Return of the Native. I am really looking forward to another book!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:08 am

I am so glad to be starting another book, for the club! I thought that it was extremely interesting to read about Henry's writing style and how he was perceived during his life as a GREAT author. I am intrigued to see how some of the writing styles mentioned are used in this novel.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:02 am

Today is tuesday he 15th, I will get the new book at the library or the used book store. I see you guys are well on your way! I can read the character list etc. off Spark notes today
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Mom
I found another web site that has many many novels to read online for free, Portrait is one of them, if you want to peek before you have time to get the book.

http://www.online-literature.com/
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:54 am

Great sight Kelley Belley!!!!!!!! I also followed a link that Kelley might be interested in. Bookrags.com has a historical context that would give you a little history of the time that the novel was written. I found it helpful. The period of Enlightenment is summarized. Apparently very important to this novel. As I read it, it only gave one page of the historical context. It was enough to refresh my memory of this time period.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm

I looked at that site too, it is nice to get a little bit more information. Are you a member to that site? Or did you just read the exerpts?
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:24 pm

I haven't had time to sign up, but I am going to. Today was my son's 15th birthday, so I was extremely busy. I will sign up this week. Are you a member?
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:18 am

I glanced at your sites, ladies. Will look at themm both better tomorrow, Friday, when I am off! thanks !
How many children do you hae marti, and are they all at home?
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:25 am

I have three boys, 12, 15, 16. They are all at home and we are really busy with them. Never a moments rest. My husband Tim is going back for a second career. He is enrolling in the Delta Tech LPN program and we will find out real soon if he gets in.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 4:16 pm

what does your husband do as a first career? Nursing is the way to go these days! I wush I wasn't such a blood pansy!
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 4:40 pm

I think you could do it mom!!
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:17 pm

Tim has a Bachelors in Math, minor in secondary education and never got a job teaching. He ended up teaching at a pharmacy tech school in Denver and a computer programmer during the millenium phase of 1999-2002.

What do you do Karen?
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 5:16 pm

I am the secretary/office assistant for the PT dept at the hospital in Cortez. I did not finish college and drummed it into my girls to get an education.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Well you apparently did a good job.

What is Brienne's sister doing?
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Hmmmm, well she did get a degree, just finished a year at Adams state as the assistant volleyball coach, plans to work in durango this summer and then play volleyball in Spain in the fall. She is not as driven as Brienne, but she is not dependent on us or a man, so I think she is going to turn out ok
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Very cool about the volleyball. That would be a great opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unrelated to the Chapters
Page 1 of 1