The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unrelated to the Chapters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Unrelated to the Chapters Empty
PostSubject: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 10:29 pm

This forum is for discussion unrelated to the chapters.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 5:09 pm

I started to read the intro to Anna baby. We really have to be aware that a lot of Tolstoy's writing is self-reflective. The intro intrigued me. It seemed that the first part is the best of the book. One character takes after Tolstoy.

OK come on Karen. We are waiting for you.

Last edited by on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 7:44 am

Sounds good...I love trying new things with the books, posts and discussions.

Don't You Dare Start With Out Me!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 pm

OK Girls how do you feel about starting Anna on Thursday 12? Let me know how you girls feel about it. If we all agree we will stick with that.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 5:33 pm

I got Anna today and also got it on CD. I read the intro 'about the author' and 'aboutthe times'. I have reveiwed the players and think I may have an easier time with this group of names than in Crime and punishment. I think Thursday will be a good start date!
I hear Brienne got the job and she may not be reading at the speed of light these days...... Smile QUACK!
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 pm

I really like the questions that the Oprah reading group has written. They seem a lot easier than the spark notes ones.

Part I done for me. cheers

Part II tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 5:43 pm

I really like Oprah's questions. They are not too hard for my little brain. I feel like I'm bringing up and understanding some of the main points of the novels. In the past I have always had a hard time reading between the lines. I still don't catch most of it, but with Kelley and Karen's insight I'm learning how to pick things up. Thanks. affraid
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 12:43 am

Success!!! cheers

All I needed was a little determination, and I made it. I am looking forward to your comments girls! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Sorry I am holding you guys up, AGAIN! I am just starting section three today. I have enjoyed reading both of your comments thus far and i do like the book. We are really busy right now with projects around the house and reading is not terribly high on my list.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 8:10 am

You are not holding us up. Personally, I can read other things and it breaks up the "classic" thing. I would rather wait and have the buddies to read with.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 6:25 am

I think we are all slowing down because of the weather.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 pm

OK~ Now I have gone to library to get Ann (all thirty CD's) on Cd so i can listen and paint! I am now on section 4. Dani has joined but i dont know if she will start with Anna or wait until the next one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unrelated to the Chapters   Unrelated to the Chapters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unrelated to the Chapters
Page 1 of 1