The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Book 3 Chapters 1-3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Empty
PostSubject: Book 3 Chapters 1-3   Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:53 pm

This forum is for the discussion of 1984, Book 3 Chapters 1-3.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890

PostSubject: Re: Book 3 Chapters 1-3   Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 6:13 am

O' Brien and the party torture Winston mercilessly. They try to convince him of his wrongness and correct his way of thinking. Winston tries to answer in a way that will prevent him from injury, but so far is holding his own as far as his mind.

He has an interesting love for O'Brien that I don't really understand. He respects his knowledge and his unrelenting belief in the Party, but the love for him confuses me.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Book 3 Chapters 1-3   Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 pm

I think spark notes stated that he felt a particular love for him because he could and did occasionally, stop the pain. Winston had divulged quite a bit about himself to OBrien at Obriens flat, and maybe he felt that underneath it all there was a connection. he tried to stay tru to Julia longer than i thought he would or could. We don't know if Julia truly sold him out right offf the bat, though OBrien said she did.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Book 3 Chapters 1-3   Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 am

I think this was one of the saddest novels I have read. I do think the Wells made a magnificant breakthrough. Is a lot of our society like the Party and the proles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 3 Chapters 1-3   Book 3 Chapters 1-3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 3 Chapters 1-3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Well Educated Mind Reading Group :: Novel Section :: 1984-
Jump to: