The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Author's Apology

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: Author's Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 4:06 am

Let's get started...whenever each of us is ready...This forum is for discussion of the Author's Apology.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Author's Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 5:12 am

Ok - This is the first entry of PP. I already see a few parallels with DQ. They are both on a quest. They both are thought of as crazy. What will this books purpose be? What is the writer trying to point out to us?

Marti
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: The Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 5:24 am

I thought that it was interesting that the author wrote his apology in rhyming patterns (I'll have to look it up for the technical term), since the book is not written this way.

It seems to me that he is apologizing saying that he originally didn't paln to write a book for publish, but just for himself, then decided later to publish it. I thought that perhaps the second part of the apology he was rationalizing his decision and encouraging the reader to enjoy the book.
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
katy bug

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Author's Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2007 8:25 am

To me the apology was an attempt to show his humility and, as Kelly pointed out, justify publishing his book.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Author's Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 5:19 am

Interesting gals, I agree with your insight on the apology, but why does someone feel like they have to apologize for writing a book?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Author's Apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Author's Apology   Author's Apology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Author's Apology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Well Educated Mind Reading Group :: Novel Section :: The Pilgrims Progress-
Jump to: