The Well Educated Mind Reading Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Well Educated Mind Reading Group

Private reading group discussions

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapters 133-Epilogue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Chapters 133-Epilogue Empty
PostSubject: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 7:59 pm

This section is for discussion re: Chapters 133-epilogue
Back to top Go down
https://welleducatedmind.editboard.com
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 am

And in the end, the entire crew except Ishmael goes down with the ship, and Moby Dick is alive and waiting to teach another whaling ship a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 9:51 am

Ahab smells Moby-Dick in the air. He finally sees him. During the chase Moby-Dick rams the Pequod and almost everyone drowns, even the Captain. Ishmael is the only one saved and uses the coffin Queequeg’s as a buoy. He finally gets the Rachel to pick him up. The coffin used as a buoy is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Kelley
Admin
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 4:14 pm

Fortunately the captain of the Rachel was a bigger man than Ahab, and he stopped for Ishmael, instead of pushing ahead with his own mission.
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 am

Glad to be finished. I liked the last bit, but... I had seen the movie version & knew the ending but it was good to read what the author had actually written. i thik even if I didn't know the ending, it was easy to predict although I didn't want everybody to go down with the ship.
Yes it WAS good of the Rachel to pick up Ishmael, though it would be pretty heartless to see a man and just go on by! i am taking the weekend off from hevy reading!
Back to top Go down
Minimoosey

Minimoosey

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Glad you finished. Brienne gave me "Ahab's Wife." I'm going to start that one. I guess we are veering off for a bit so we will be busy with that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 133-Epilogue   Chapters 133-Epilogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapters 133-Epilogue
Page 1 of 1